High School at Riverside Christian Academy helps prepare the student for life after high school. A rigorous college preparatory curriculum provides students with the challenge they need while still under the leadership of understanding, Christian educators. For students who want more, dual enrollment at the Fayetteville Center of Motlow State Community College is offered for students who qualify.
The RCA High School classroom spurs students on to grasp higher intellectual concepts. High School Bible has a rotating curriculum, but every year students delve into both the Old and New Testaments. Bible class emphasizes the application of Biblical principles to students’ personal lives. Science classes practice the scientific-method of inquiry within a Christian, value-based approach; evolution is taught as a theory, preparing students to give a Christian response. Hands-on experimentation occurs regularly. English class focuses on cultivating advanced reading practices in studying appropriate literary works. Writing is emphasized to prepare the student for college level composition. Social Studies classes create an atmosphere so students can practice the higher cognitive skills of application, analysis, and evaluation. A greater world view is emphasized. In Math classes, students build on the concepts they learned in middle school and continue to stimulate intellectual growth. Math also focuses on real application of math concepts. Foreign Language classes help students be minimally fluent in speaking, reading, and writing the language. Physical Education provides students with appropriate activities and personal physical development.
Benefits of the High School experience at RCA:
- A rigorous college preparatory curriculum under the direction of caring, Christian educators. RCA High School coursework covers Bible, English, Foreign Language, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Physical Education.
- Community Service possibilities. In the course of a year up to eight special event days are held on the weekend sponsored by faculty and staff. On these event days, students may join a crew to work in the community by providing service at soup kitchens, mobile food pantries, local churches, animal shelters, and more.
- Opportunities for Leadership Development. The High School student at RCA helps guide younger students to be contributing members of Riverside Christian School Community. Qualified students may choose to serve on one of many civic advisory councils. Leadership practices are encouraged in all classes.
- Activities appropriate to High School. High School students are welcome to participate in FFA, football, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading, cross-country, soccer, baseball, drama, art, student council, robotics, National Honor Society, and local civic advisory boards.
The High School experience at Riverside Christian Academy is a time of intellectual growth, spiritual development, and preparation for life.
Riverside Christian Academy graduates have gone on to further their education at the following universities:
- Athens State University
- Auburn University
- Austin Peay State University
- Belmont University
- Berry College
- Bethel University
- Bryan University
- Calhoun Community College
- Carson-Newman University
- Columbus State University
- East Tennessee State University
- Faulkner University
- Freed-Hardeman University
- Harding University
- Heritage Christian University
- Lee University
- Lincoln Memorial University
- Lipscomb University
- Martin Methodist College
- Memphis University
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Motlow State Community College
- Sewanee University
- Tennessee Technological University
- United States Merchant Marine Academy
- United States Military Academy West Point
- University of Alabama
- University of Alabama Birmingham
- University of Alabama Huntsville
- University of North Alabama
- University of South Alabama
- University of South Carolina
- University of Tennessee Chattanooga
- University of Tennessee Knoxville